Sunday, February 27, 2005

Philosophers' Carnival X:

The tenth Philosophers' Carnival is now up at E.G. I haven't had time to read all of the posts, but the ones I have read, by Richard on personal identity, Andrew on the Chinese Room (my least favorite non-thought experiment thought experiment ever, by the way), Clark on "critical common sense," Brandon on Darwin's logic, Hugo on theory-ladenness, and Jonah on thought experiments, are all worth reading. I wish I had more time to say something about them, particularly the one on thought experiments, because I've been thinking a lot about thought experiments in conjunction with my own work on counterfactuals (I see thought experiments and scientific experiments as being instances of counterfactuals, and I'm working on a cognitive account of counterfactuals).

No comments: